Friday, April 29, 2011

Sweet Pansies



One of my joyful, Spring rituals is to visit a local farm market and buy some pansies to photograph or paint! I love their bright little faces, swirling graceful petals, brilliant colors and dramatic markings. They seem so fragile yet they are very hardy! After a rain, they seem the perfect symbol of freshness, renewal and new beginnings! The Johnny Jump Ups growing against the rocks (2nd to last) come up every year. I think of them as wild little pansies. I love that they are the first to appear and the last to leave (as I documented here.)  I also like the little white specks on the black centers of the pansies that give a cosmic feel! You feel drawn into their starry depths.

Here is a painting I did a few Springs past. Not pansies, but they seem somewhat related. These flowers are very small and with incredible detail (some of which I left out, out of sheer laziness). A 10 x 10" giclee print on wrapped canvas is available of this painting, for $60 on the Waking Planet site. 

Another Spring Flower                                                                                                   acrylic by B Upton
Hope they all brighten your day! Keep Faith

No comments: