Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sacred Universe

Sacred Universe                                                                                                                                                               B Upton
This is a merging of a transparency of one of my acrylic paintings "Emergence" with a simulation of what our universe looks like. Here are the originals.
And here is a merging of my painting with the one of the brain cell. I wrote about the correspondence between the great and the little worlds here.


Although I did the painting years before seeing the brain cell or universe pictures, it was interesting to see how my brush strokes mirrored the flow of galaxies in the first and the patterns of the cell in the second. I especially like the effect of the blending in the first, "Sacred Universe". To me it takes on a more ethereal and mystical quality that I hope draws you in and brings you closer to the beauty and light that reside deep within you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This merged art piece is such a vibrant fusion, as if the lights had been turned on. It's quite amazing how it works together. However, for the sake of art I prefer your original piece which combines radiance with a feeling of peace. Our lives are busy enough, so it's good to turn off the flashing lights for a while :)

Barbara Upton said...

Thank you Monika! Have to say I prefer the swirling, deep mystery of the blended piece- but it is nice to hear your thoughts on the original.♥